Website Unicare Community Health Center
We are seeking a full-time bi-lingual Medical Receptionist to become part of our team. You will perform routine administrative tasks to keep the medical facility running smoothly.
- Receives, greets and directs patients
- Completes sliding fee scale (if applicable), collects payment and verifies insurance information.
- Collect co-pays, deductibles and inquire on previous balances
- Maintain patients’ files. Enters appropriate data into the Electronic Health Record (EHR) as necessary.
- Copies and sends patient’s medical record upon written patient request.
- Types patient letters, correspondences, request for services as applicable
- Receives and distributes the daily documents received by courier, mail or fax.
- Answers phone, records and delivers messages.
- Interprets for the providers and staff as needed.
- Checks eligibility for patients the day prior or before patient arrives to ensure patient is covered for services.
- Create new patient registration packets
- Maintain inventory and submit front office supply order to administration.
- Keep front area neat and tidy at all times
- Will perform all other duties as assigned