Website Community Health System, Inc
We are seeking a reliable and experienced Front Office Clerk to become a part of our clinical teams in the city of Moreno Valley, Riverside and Bloomington, CA!
You will focus on providing high quality patient care as part of a healthcare team. The Front Office Clerk is responsible for providing a consistent and reliable flow of communication with patients/staff throughout the clinic and initially preparing patients for an office visit with required paperwork and proper collection of applicable monies.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Validate/update patient personal information in the electronic practice management (EPM) system as necessary.
- Welcome patients/visitors via phone and/or to the clinic by greeting them and attending to their inquiries.
- Answer and direct telephone calls appropriately.
- Facilitate patient satisfaction and clinic experience by directing them accordingly and accurately booking appointment(s).
- Provide appropriate form(s) to patients in accordance with patient needs as necessary.
- Collect and document patient payments; demonstrate accurate credit card/cash handling procedures, according to CHSI Policy and Procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School graduate or equivalent. Experience and/or training as a Medical Assistant or Dental Assistant preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience answering phones and scheduling.
- Customer Service experience a MUST!!!
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Front office experience in a clinic, hospital, medical or dental setting is highly preferred.
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR) experience is an asset!
- Must possess excellent customer service including verbal and written communication.
- A high standard of professionalism, professional ethics and conduct is expected in speech, manner, attitude and appearance at all times.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
- Ability to deal effectively with changing situations and stressful environment.
- Ability to perform tasks related to physical activity to complete the responsibilities of the position.