Website Planned Parenthood of Orange & San Bernardino Counties
PPOSBC is looking for a Health Center Senior Co-Manager to join the Upland Health Center team.
The Health Center Senior Co-Manager, in partnership with and support of the Area Director, assumes overall responsibility for the center’s operations. The Senior Co-Manager will be primarily responsible to monitor patient flow. The Senior Co-Manager will monitor patient satisfaction and address patient concerns as they arise. Will coordinate with the health center staff to ensure outstanding customer service and efficiency in clinical service delivery to all patients. Will oversee and monitor quality standards and compliance ensuring Medi-Cal, FPACT, PPFA, CLIA, and OSHA standards are adhered to. The Senior Co- Manager will also direct the delivery of the full range of the reproductive health care services and primary care services offered at PPOSBC.
At PPOSBC, we understand the importance of a well-rounded benefits program and are dedicated to providing you with unique benefits that meet the needs of you and your family. We are proud to offer a range of plans that help protect you in the case of illness or injury including:
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and eligible dependents, life insurance, and long term disability.
- Benefits coverage starts after one full month of employment!
- Generous vacation, sick, and holiday benefits!
- Generous 401(k) matching contributions and more!
- To view our detailed benefits guide, please visit our career site at www.pposbccareers.org
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Act as a “Flow Facilitator” and continually monitor schedules to improve patient wait-times and customer service.
- Hold staff accountable to specific measurable customer service standards (e.g. through annual performance monitoring and implementing corrective action plans when customer service expectations are not being met.)
- Will ensure appropriate health center coverage with management in conjunction with the Health Center Co- Manager and Area Director.
- Communicate any changes, new processes and weekly updates information in a daily morning huddle. Notes are to be completed daily and sent out to all health center staff.
- Complete monthly one-on-one reports with Medical Assistants to discuss performance and review monthly audit results.
- Lead health center efforts to achieve established goals for volume and wait times.
- Review and manage discrepancies with documentation and billing as they negatively impact health center reimbursements for services rendered.
- Responsible for management and non-direct patient care related services in the health center. Oversee a full range of services including but not limited to reproductive health care, primary care, managed care, abortion and prenatal services.
- Participate as an active member of the clinical and patient services management team, which may include education programs, committees, conferences and meetings as required.
- Work cooperatively with the Area Director, Health Center Co-Manager and center staff to maintain maximum communication and support between center personnel, patients and administration.
- Work in conjunction with the Area Director, Patient Services Administration team and staff to implement new services, policies and protocols.
- Monitor staff training and deploy staff in the scheduling of appointments for family planning, primary care and abortion services.
- Assist the Health Center Co-Manager with scheduling staff to ensure appropriate staff coverage due to unscheduled absences. Will be responsible for the Medical Assistant and Licensed staff schedule.
- Ensure staff is trained in compliance including environmental cleanliness, safety and security, CLIA and OSHA compliance.
- Will ensure completeness of and thoroughness of Medical Assistant job responsibilities including but not limited to completeness of lab logs, daily cleaning logs, weekly supply orders, etc.
- Orient and monitor training for new staff during their 3 month orientation period.
- Monitor and follow- up on any audit findings and monthly Licensed staff check list.
- Communicate and follow-up with Compliance Manager on any license expirations.
- Other duties as assigned by the Area Director.
- BA/BS degree preferred or equivalent related experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a health, medical or social service setting.
- Minimum of one (1) year demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Reproductive, managed/primary health care and/or abortion services experience may be required.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred. Some positions require bilingual skills (reading, writing, and speaking). If required, candidate will be tested for proficiency prior to offer.