Website DAP Health
Under general supervision of the Building Operations Manager, the Environmental Service Worker (EVS) is expected to perform duties in alignment with the mission and vision of the organization and within scope of services of the Facilities Department. The EVS worker is responsible for a variety of tasks that lead to a high level of comfort and cleanliness in the buildings and areas used by our patients, visitors and staff. At all times, duties are performed conscientiously in a safe and efficient manner, including meeting “Blood-borne Pathogens? procedures and taking ownership and responsibility for the areas assigned and keeping customer expectations in mind. The EVS Worker may be expected to make basic repairs or modifications to our buildings as necessary.
Job Type: Full Time/Part Time
FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Building Operations Manager
- Cleans and sanitizes patient rooms, offices, hallways and restrooms;
- Empties trash containers in accordance with established procedures;
- Responds to service requests;
- Coordinates resources and implements the set up and take down of furniture and equipment for a wide variety of campus and community needs and events;
- Operates power equipment and hand tools such as buffer, polisher, vacuum, broom and mop required for cleaning and custodial maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, and furniture;
- Utilizes hand tools and perform small maintenance tasks;
- Uses ladders when required in work assignments;
- Locks and unlocks buildings/offices;
- Secures building when facilities are not in use by checking for unlocked doors, windows; reports any unauthorized occupants;
- Handles confidential information with tact;
- Uses discretion while maintaining compliance with FERPA and HIPAA regulations;
- Follows Universal Precautions/Infection Control procedures and Blood Borne pathogens Procedures;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- One year of EVS, Custodial or Janitorial experience;
- Ability to speak and read English.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Custodial and building maintenance in a school or medical setting;
- Safely disposal of hazardous materials;
- Identifying stains and use proper chemicals for their removal;
- General operation of manual and power equipment;
- Knowledge of Blood Borne Pathogens;
- Knowledge of Universal Precautions.
License(s) and Certification(s)
Working Environment and Physical Demands
This job operates in internal and external parts of the buildings and requires constant times of standing, walking and some repetitive motion. Ability to lift 50 pounds or more. Potential exposure to hazardous materials. Potential exposure to allergen/irritants and extreme temperatures.No direct patient contact under normal circumstances is required. No exposure involvement to blood, body fluids, non-intact skin or tissue specimens required and no access to patient protected health information.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of everything that is required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
This job requires full proof of authorization to work in the United States without any future requirement of sponsorship for work visa.
Affirmative Action Plan (AAP)/Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and a Drug Free Workplace. In order to obtain a culturally diverse staff, we encourage applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Applications from minorities, members of the transgender community and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of DAP Health to provide equal employment opportunities for applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, age, disability or any other classification protected by federal, state or local laws. DAP Health welcomes the opportunity to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the employment process, please notify People Operations. Any employment relationship with DAP Health is at-will. This means employment can be terminated at any time, with or without notice or cause, at the option of either DAP Health or the employee.