Website Borrego Health
Location: Mobile Medical Unit
The Mobile Unit Driver/Customer Service Representative (CSR) has the overall responsibility for the operation, security, condition and safety of the assigned mobile unit(s). The position is responsible for driving the vehicle to pre-determined sites for scheduled dental/medical treatment of program patients and community events. The Mobile Unit Driver/CSR will maintain a valid California Class B driver’s license and required training to drive and maintain assigned Borrego Health mobile units (medical, dental, other) and must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodations. Travel to multiple facilities and work sites is required of the position. The Mobile Unit Driver/CSR assists with various patient and program support activities as needed as part of the mobile team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensures vehicle meets safe operation standards and manages the maintenance, repair and cleaning needs of the vehicle. Ensures regular maintenance for the mobile unit is performed.
2. Performs maintenance and upkeep duties on the vehicles ensuring duties are performed in a timely manner; calls facility supervisor if work is beyond their scope of skills.
3. Reports any maintenance and repair needs to Mobile Coordinator and/or Fleet manager.
4. Accurately maintains a daily mileage log and conducts pre-post trip inspections that include checking gages, ensures the freshwater tank is full and gray/black water tank is emptied as necessary.
5. Ensures all safety procedures are followed while driving the mobile unit including safety and emergency equipment of the unit before, during and after trips to identify potential hazards, or recognize safety alarms. Notifies supervisor of unusual occurrences or risk management issues
6. Assure all Department of Motor Vehicle requirements, including license and insurance are always met. Alert supervisor regarding all personal and job-related traffic infractions that may occur both during and after work hours.
7. Adheres to the assigned schedule for the mobile program and ensures they understand the location of the addresses of the mobile medical/dental clinic service sites. Allows enough time to ensure mobile unit arrives on time and to set up for clinic event. Plans routes based on local and state traffic laws and local restrictions: follow routes according to information from maps, Google Maps and/or navigation system.
8. Observes all applicable state and federal laws for vehicle operations.
9. Upon destination arrival, performs all necessary setup duties to ensure van is patient accessible for services provided. Secures vehicle when unattended.
10. Maintain a working cell phone during all required work times.
11. At events and during office hours, the Mobile Unit Driver/CSR may assist with intake, appointment scheduling, patient registration and assisting staff and patients as needed. Will assist with daily encounter or visit data and enter patient demographic, appointments or other information into the computer system as assigned.
12. Will maintain positive customer relations with customers at point of service, including utmost respect for teachers, principals and school staff at all times.
13. Ensures Mobile Medical/Dental unit is stocked with proper office supplies.
14. Secure all internal and external items for transport.
15. Other duties as assigned.
1. Diploma from an approved High School or GED Equivalent.
2. Basic computer skills are required in order to perform basic data entry.
3. One-year work experience driving large vehicles
4. Must have a valid California Driver’s License.
5. One-year Class B Driver’s License
6. Clean driving record.
Special Conditions of Employment:
1. All staff that is presently working within a clinic is required to have a Current and Valid CPR and First Aide certification on file with the Human Resources Department. This is for clinical and administrative staff. This new license requirement is mandatory for continued employment, CPR and First Aide certification must be obtained through the American Heart Association. Internet certificates do not comply and for this reason are not valid.